Friday, July 8, 2016
Monday, July 4, 2016
I picked up a few Windows and shutters a while back and have been letting them season outside until now. I happened to like this old shutter because of the half moon which made it seem like it belonged on an outhouse.
Sunday, July 3, 2016
I started this quilt in a class a few years ago at Pieceful Quilting when they had a store in Calverton and tonight I finally put it together. Debating whether or not to put a border all around it to make it larger. It really is lovely and would make a nice coverlet to put on a bed with a white bedspread.
I had a good time playing with colors and fabrics in this quilt.
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
A few years ago I picked up a few old shutters and windows to play around with. This past weekend I decided to work on the window and make something for Evelyn's old room since I quilt in there sometimes and guests stay there. I cleaned the room really well this weekend too so thought it would be cool to decorate a bit.
I got out the Mod Podge and cut them and glued them on.
Sunday, May 22, 2016
Deb's grandmother had this chair in the garage and Deb has always used it so instead of buying a new one (which wouldn't be as strong or long lasting) I made her a little cover for it.
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
My friend has a high tea every year and it's already coming up for this Saturday. I made her a new cosy to add to her collection. I liked this design because it's so close to Easter and I like the reminder for myself about how I should live my life. (Sometimes it's soooo hard!). Deb will love this, I am sure.
Friday, March 25, 2016
Kenny got me this Easter quilt kit a few months ago and I promised myself I wouldn't start it unless I was going to finish it. I love all the flowers and chicks and spring themes. It's all ready for quilting now and I plan to do that tomorrow when I am done with my running around.
After I quilt it I will add the button eyes and the hand embroidery for the stems on the flowers.
It was fun to do the machine embroidery on this project. I used many different stitches to add texture to the appliqués.