Sunday, May 11, 2008

Maybe I am boring, but this was a perfect weekend!!

On Saturday, my husband sent me out to buy this mixer that I have been wanting forever. They are so expensive, but I like the kneading hook and the fact that I can use attachments to make pasta, applesauce, and all of that other good stuff that can be more organic (and easy to do with this machine!) We saw that Macy's was having a one day sale with 30% off on this exact mixer, so off I went to the mall (hate that part, but it was fast since I knew what I wanted and were to find it.) I got home and made my sourdough bread with oats, right away.
Then, I did laundry and hung my sheets outside to dry. I sat there and read for a little while. Millie and Penny pestered me nonstop with the muddy, dirty ball, but that is part of the ritual.

I have this area behind the garage and chicken coop that I have wanted to turn into a garden for years. I planted some pots back there last year to see if they got enough sun, and they do. So now I am clearing out a big patch to grow more than we had last year. It is hidden from everyone so I can hide there and be totally alone and no one would even know I was outside.
Finally, I planted 72 little peat pellets with more seeds to plant outside in the new patch behind the garage. By the time they are ready, it will be tilled and cleared.


My son came to church with me as a present for Mother's Day!! What a nice surprise that was for me because I am usually alone when I go to church. Then we went to McDonalds for diet Coke and sweet tea (Rob liked the tea). After that we went to Agway to get the plants to start in the pots on the side of the garage and out back. He and his girlfriend started a garden across the street by the river as well. When she got here today, I hope she was expecting to be a farm chick! She is actually very cool like that. Her dad is also a hunter and fisherman, so she is used to being in touch with her food :)

Evelyn relaxed all day too. My niece was over for most of the day and they played with the dogs (YOU HAVE TO if you are outside!!) and they planted sunflowers. Hope you all had a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Not boring at all, sounds like a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day and we all need a secret garden! Happy for you and your day!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

To me, it sounds like a delightful day! And that mixer ... that color ... what a great gift. Baking is going to be even more fun now!

I found your blog at MJF. So glad I did!

Smiles,
Lea

Bee Haven Bev said...

Wooo HOOOOOOO! Sheryl! You are gonna love that mixer. The color is perfect!! Hey, I miss you!

Bonne said...

OOOOOoooooo who DOESN'T want that MIXER!!!! Oh, yeah, you'll have fun with that. ;)

nashbabe said...

that's a sexy mixer. :-)