Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quilt retreat...plus!

This weekend was our annual Pieceful Quilting retreat in Southampton.  It was a great time and I had so much fun with my friends and the lovely ladies from the quilt shop.  Our teacher had just become a grandmother for the fourth time while we were there too!  How fun is that?  This is the quilt that we made over the weekend.  The theme of this retreat was "scrappy" which was right up my alley.

The fabrics that we were given to use in the quilt were pretty horrible by most people's standards!  Everyone was laughing when they saw their piles of fabric, but we knew that in the end we would produce something fun and nice.
I love mine!!  Eveyone used different settings and different colors for the borders.  I though I might as well stay on the bold side, so used this nice turquoise as my outer border.  Even Kenny likes it!
Over the winter (which is really not a winter at all here where I live...this year anyway!) I have been doing some hand sewing.  I made a few of these table toppers and penny rugs with precut kits of wool.  So much fun and easy.  Debbie picked a few more up for me while she was in Vermont.  Cannot wait to get started!

No comments: