Sunday, March 21, 2010

A chicken loving convert

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law (Kenny's sis) came to see us for a few days last week. I took one day off so we could spend a full day together. What a beautiful day it was too!! Temps in the high 60s and lots of bright sun. I cleaned the chicken coop and gave them new straw in the morning while everyone else got ready for the day (we planned to go for a walk at the wildlife refuge, go to the ocean and then to lunch). When Pat came outside, she said she had never held a chicken before, so I handed one of my new girls to her. It was true love for both of them! :) My in-laws loved watching my hens line up to lay eggs and listening to their incessant cackling and clucking. They took the eggs laid that day home with them to enjoy for breakfast.

No comments: