Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fan quilt ready for quilting

I took a new class this past week and will take the second half this Friday night, so I thought I should get this quilt ready for quilting this weekend before the next one has to be done. The colors did not really come out in this picture, but the background is a pale lavender. It is such a soft color and it looks so peaceful for this quilt.The border fabric is the same one I used for the fans. The dark border on the inside is a fabric I had in my stash.
Every time I go to take pictures outside, it is windy. I always forget how the wind is always blowing here! Stack and whack was a ton of fun and really easy. I think I will keep the quilting kind of simple and do it mostly in the light parts of the quilt.




Today Ken made some repairs to the chicken coop. New roof, some walls replaced. It was an all day job, but at least it will be like new for my girls!

5 comments:

sandy davis said...

This is the nicest stack and whack I've ever seen! Love the fabric choices...see you Friday night for dinner and quilting... :)

sandy davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Autumn said...

Great colors!!! I just love the pattern too!!!

cinnamongirl said...

Shery-lyn that turned out just gorgeous. You go girl!

Jean said...

Sheryl this is so beautiful. It is the nicest one I have ever seen. I also like that it is an outside the box look for you. You blog makes me smile. Keep up the good work