Here are the curtains I made to match. The red fabric is from that failed slipcover attempt a while ago. The curtains are easy to make and are lined which makes them nice and sturdy. This is a lovely quilt pattern from the Nickle Quilts book. You take five inch squares and cut them and sew them together to make a variety of different quilt designs. While I love this quilt, it took a long time because you have to do a lot of cutting. Each time you do a little piecing, you have to cut it again to make it perfect. So, it took a long time, but it was perfect when I finally put it all together.
This must have been my summer of green. Almost every quilt that I made had green as the main or coordinating color.
Summer is officially over!! We had to go back to school this past Wednesday for meetings, and room set-up. The students will be in on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week and then we are off again for four days (Jewish holidays). A rather disjointed beginning, but it will be a good year. I look forward to seeing the kids every September, and I am ready to go back. I have not gained weight this summer, and have only ten pounds left to lose!! It is easier during the school year, so I hope to have it gone by Thanksgiving.