Thursday, October 22, 2009

Now, that's a striped bass!! Pictures for my dad!

We all grew up on this Island, so it's natural for everyone in the family to have done some fishing in their time. My husband used to surf cast, but does not have memories of catching fish. He decided to go with Rob to the ocean tonight to see if Rob would bring him any luck!!
Well, this is Kenny's happy face! Seven fish in one night!! The two of them had a ball!!

They are cleaning the rods and laughing like men who made a killing on the sea! Rob was the happiest ever....because...
He caught THIS!!! His biggest striped bass ever!! Notice the bumper sticker on his rear window..."Gut Fish?"

It was 39 1/2 inches long!! Boy, are the men around here happy. They said that they each brought luck to the other tonight! I had a quilting class in town that did not end until 8:30 p.m., and I totally expected to see them home and in the house long before I got back. But, no, they were just getting home when I did. I knew it had to be good when I heard their voices and saw their faces! Right now, Rob is cutting the fish up into several future dinners. They will sleep well tonight.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Wow~that's a great catch. Who gets to clean it?

Ruth

Autumn said...

OH MY!!!!! That is one HUGE fish!!!!!
They wont be able to sleep!!!!! Isn't it sweet to hear them so happy over a stinky slimy fish???

Unknown said...

They were both actually very charged afterwards and had a hard time sleeping! You are right. Rob is the only one around here to clean the fish (and pheasants, ducks, etc!)

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Oh my gosh! What a catch!!! The largest fish I've ever caught was a 34" redfish down in the Louisiana marshes...on lightweight tackle..woohoo..it was a fun catch.

Good for him...he'll ride high over this one for a long time. :0)

Glad you got your card..I thought that was the most whimsical Halloween card I've ever run across...I've got my broom selected...how about you!? hehe

Hugs,
Steph

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

that is some fish! good job boys! I am so glad kenny and rob have each other. what fishing fun! i love to fish. I have not been in years. well, except when we went to johns uncles stocked pond, and that seriously does not count. I caught a huge coral trout once off the east coast of australia. that was about it. have fun eating that.