Thursday, July 3, 2014

Cleaning the house for the summertime

Today I started my annual summer cleaning/purging.  I go through each room washing every part of it and washing towels, rugs, curtains, aprons and everything else in that area. Then I decide what goes and what stays.  Of course my aprons all stay.
This one was made by a friend a long time ago.  Usually I keep it hanging up, but think I should use it.  I use most of them and I definitely enjoy them more when I do.


Each of my aprons was either made by me or by a friend or family member.  I even had to wear one the day of Rob's wedding (over my fancy dress) because one of his friends needed me to make him some food!  The kids all loved that I had an apron on even then!  The photographer took pictures of me cooking with my apron on!  It was funny.


Shiny bathroom!  It only takes a few minutes to overhaul this one since I am always cleaning it.  Look closely and you can see that my nightlight in there is the leg lamp from A Christmas Story!  

The mud room is totally clean now too.  I usually hang all my aprons in here, but like the spare look for the summertime.

This is a block from the Stitchers Garden class I take monthly.  It is a fantastic way to learn about all the feet on your machine.  This block used a circular foot to make the flower centers.  I really liked using that.  I used variegated thread on it too.

Finished block!  I am making this for my daughter Evelyn.  She likes polka dots (me too!) and I think this will make her happy.  I got a polka dot fleece for the backing which will be cozy.  She doesn't like to use a sheet, so likes fleece against her skin.
Evelyn and a few girls had a bridal shower for a friend this past weekend so I made the favors. I embroidered Love is Sweet on a towel and wrapped it over a cup filled with Hershey kisses.  My friend Debbie pulled the edges up so that most of them looked like big flowers.  The little flower on top is a tiny chalkboard.  There are so many weddings coming up!  Bye bye money! 

No comments: