Monday, February 11, 2008

Winter warmth for a friend!!

We had a winter block swap at MJF and all of us made extras so that we could make a quilt for a friend who is battling with cancer. The swap leader put them all together and sent it to me for quilting. I tried to make an original quilt design in each block. Then I did an allover pattern of loops and hearts. It was relaxing to work on this for the past two weekends since I was thinking about our friend the whole time.
I embroidered each girl's name using multicolored thread. (It looks great in person...sorry I am not much of a photographer yet!) I also included the recipient's name and the year of the quilt.


Some examples of the quilting. I hope she likes it!!

9 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

The quilt is just awesome! I know she's going to love it :o)

Unknown said...

Thank you!! I cannot wait to ship it off tomorrow.

Autumn said...

Such a wonderful gift!!! She will be so thrilled and comforted by the love of friends!!!

Bee Haven Bev said...

Hey girlfriend, you have been very busy....I've missed you!! Great job on the quilt!!

Unknown said...

You did a lovely job, just beautiful!!!

khartquilt said...

Shery-lyn,
You did a great job! Thank you so much. I am sure it will be much loved for a long long time. I have been busy and have had little time on the computer to read all thats been going on. Again I want to thank you for doing this. MJFGs are such a wonderful group of ladies!

Unknown said...

I agree that the MJF crew is the best. My life is only improved as a result of that forum!

Beemoosie said...

That is just beautiful! Everyone did such an incredible job, and your quilting is divine!! The recipient will be blessed!

maddie101artsy said...

Dear Sheryl-lyn,

This is the most amazing gift I have received! This quilt is just so beautiful, well made, lots of wonderful special extras like the embroidered names and indivual machine embroidered designs in each block. I can't thank you enough for taking so much time to make this up for me. I will treasure this quilt always and pass it down to my daughter or son. It is perfect for snuggling under in the recliner. I feel so blessed to be touched this way by all of you. Thank you so very much.

Clare