Monday, April 7, 2008

The latest blocks for my embroidery club!




The top block is almost done, just needs a border around it. The one on the machine is so cute because it is for Christmas and even has a little teddy bear in it. It takes about an hour and a half for each block to stitch out (over 30 thread changes in each one) but they are so nice and will make a beautiful quilt.
I thought Iwould like to make a machine embroidered quilt project for my pastor. The other night I downloaded a lot of gorgeous pieces to use in it, but it will take a long time. Maybe one block a week for twelve weeks. Then I will add pieced blocks (Christian Cross is a nice one that uses color in a bold way) to make it a full sized quilt. I'll stitch one out this weekend and see how long it takes.

4 comments:

Bee Haven Bev said...

Beautiful....I need you to help me with some ideas....I got an embroidery machine for my Bday! Yay!!!! I would love to make an embroidered block quilt! You do the nicest work.

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

I love those block Sheryl...they are fab. I like the ones a little farther down on your blog too! so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh Bev!! Congrats on the embroidery machine!! I will have to check it out. There are a million ideas for quilts using them.

Katmom said...

Sheryl-lyn,
I am soooo drooling over your Hasquavernia(sp) sewing machine!!!! I hope to some day have either a Hasquavernia or a Bernina embroidery machine...have fun with yours....
You Sew Girl!
>^..^<