Sunday, September 2, 2012

A baby quilt for Katy


This quilt was started for my friend Sally before she was even married!  I was in a mystery quilt class and as we were making this one, I knew I would make this as a baby quilt for Sally even though she was not married and did not have kids yet!  She was getting married soon and I knew she was planning to have a baby right away.  So, I made the blocks and they sat in my sewing room for a few years.  In that time, Sally married and had a beautiful baby girl!  Since she is two years old now, I am glad that the quilt is large enough for her little bed!  I gave it to Sally on Thursday when we had to go to work on the first day.  Since she was missing her little girl, it was perfect timing.  Plus is was freezing in the room we had to have meetings in, so she covered herself with the quilt!


I got these fun embroidery designs from EmbroideryLibrary.com!  They are called Baby Animals in Their Pajamas.  They are just the cutest things ever, and if you look closely you can see how clever the designers were.  I didn't use them all in this quilt, so I cannot wait to use the rest.  Many of the people in my life are either pregnant now or just had a new baby, so I have lots of quilting time ahead of me.  I have to say that even the quilting was fun on this one. 
My phone camera usually does a good job with pictures, but it was so sunny outside when we took this picture that it makes the quilt look too dark and bumpy.  It's actually very smooth since I use the spray on basting now.  I love that stuff.

No comments: