Friday, January 11, 2013

Gorgeous fabrics from a road trip and new bunny wool penny rug

Last Saturday Kenny and I took a road trip to Connecticut to have lunch and visit some quilt shops.  I had to drop my embroidery machine off in the city to be serviced, so it made sense to just continue north a bit for a day away.  I got some nice fabrics for table runners. curtains, pillow cases and other little projects.  This cute bundle is so springlike that I had to have it.


Evelyn can only sleep on flannel pillowcases, so Ken and I picked out a few sweet fabrics that I can use for her.  Maybe I will make a new set once a month and give them to her just for fun. The polka dot fabrics will be the cuffs on them all.  She loves polka dots just like I do!
These will be pillowcases for Evelyn too.
This Grinch fabric was so fun that I had to get some.  Kenny will get Christmas pillowcases from these next year.
This week I did not have much sewing time so I made this little wool penny rug while we watched television at night.  I was asked to be an editor for a local writer this winter and accepted the job.  So, of course, I was busy editing at night after my full day of teaching.  It seemed like grading papers!!  The kids at school think it's cool that I am a professional editor on the side!  Guess that's worth the extra work.  I am done with the editing now and just have to apply the corrections to the manuscript this weekend.  The book is being published this spring.  Oh, and did I mention that my 150 students wrote essays this week too! LOL  I explained that they may have to wait a week for their grades.  They were ok with that though.
Another spring fabric bundle.  This might become a laundry bag for the bathroom.  I loved it so had to bring it home.
This weekend will be one mostly spent at home.  Tomorrow morning I have Weight Watchers (I lost two pounds so far) and then home to do a little cleaning.  After that it will be computer time to apply the edits to the book.  The deadline is Sunday night, so there is not much free time to play this weekend.  We started drama club at school last week and will be practicing every day until the show (February 8 and 9) so there will be less sewing time for a few weeks.  We are doing BEAUTY and the BEAST, and the kids are wonderful already.  I signed up for a few classes at Pieceful Quilting just to make sure I fit sewing time in at least a few evenings.  Hopefully there will be something fun to post tomorrow if I get some sewing in.  Happy Friday, or as I say at school, TGIF!! :)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Love all your little bundles of fabric and the bunny wool is too cute!