Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Life is precious

Today my friend buried her oldest son. How does a mother recover and move on from such a tragedy? At work, three of us have lunch every day and talk about our kids and what is going on in their lives. Our three oldest boys are all about the same age and we have laughed and cried together as they went through life's challenges and made us proud and blessed by them (in addition to the worry lines and gray hair we got as gifts from them as well). Now one of those boys is gone forever, leaving a mother who will probably cry herself to sleep for many months and years to come. My own son has been doing sweet things for me these past few days (my daughter and husband are both away for a few days) like making dinner and helping me with chores around the house. My heart is with my dear friend as she finds her way out of the darkness back into life again...

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Precious indeed- I lost both my brothers before either of them were 30- one was 23 and one 25.
I have no other siblings. I still don't know how my mother feels- I just know that on Mother's Day, I cry for her for the past 25 yrs and wonder all over again.
Your compassion will help her find her way back-

Unknown said...

Autumn: that is so sad. Your poor family. Today I am bringing cards that the students made for my friend over to her house. I won't stay long, just enough to show her I am always there. Thanks for checking in.