Friday, May 1, 2009

Veggies are coming in!!

Thought I would show you the lettuce that I am apparently growing for the rabbits. I hope to get a few salads this spring, but probably won't.
The radishes remain unmolested though. No, that is not a real skunk!! Just a decoy. The kids put it out by the back door sometimes and tell their friends, "Oh, come on now! What are you afraid of, a little skunk?"

String beans (pole style) in the cold frame.


Zucchini in the cold frame. I am trying to decide if I want to put them in pots, or into the ground next weekend. I have MANY pots, of all sizes, so might do most of the plants in them. Basil is growing in a few of them right now. I am so happy when I go out to the backyard to "shop" for my food. Between the vegetables and eggs, we eat pretty well!



No comments: