Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Renaissance Faire

The jousting match at the Faire! They have to compete in a variety of games, like catching rings on their lances.
Kenny competes in the strong man competition. He hits the bell up top every year.

Ken getting ready to throw his axes. He's ready to hit that bullseye.
His axes are all on his target! He hit more than anyone this time. Notice that my axe landed squarely in the middle of the red skull! I most definitely told my students about this on Monday (I might have exaggerated slightly about it).

I did, however, easily win the knife throwing contest! That is easy for me for some reason. Winning means I get a lovely little sticker and a skull and crossbones necklace. Yes, I wore it to school!

This is a picture of the human chess board. The queen decides where the players go and they have to fight it out.


More of the living chess game.

The maypole. Remember that when you were a kid? We don't do this in May anymore.


A dragon rising out of the lake.
A harpist. It was a lovely performance. We will not be able to attend the Faire this weekend, and since it is the last one for the year, we will have to wait until next summer to go again. It's a blast!

5 comments:

Bonne said...

whoo hooo!! What fun the faires are!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Well, your students should pay attention and NOT get out of line..hehehe..looks like you had a lot of fun.

Hugs, Steph

Autumn said...

Good discipline technique!!!! :)))))

The Faire looks like fun! Dont have one of those around here- at least not that I know of.

Your man is a REAL man with that axe throw, eh?

Ruth said...

That looks like so much fun. We have one around here but have never gone. One of these times we will have to try it.

I'm sure your students enjoy hearing all about it.

Ruth

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

oh my gosh, look at that Ren Faire fun..I jsut love going to ren faires...so much fun...thanks for the great pics!