Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankful pilgrims

I started this pilgrim wallhanging last week when Kenny asked me for one. There were no patterns available, so I looked online for some coloring book pages. Believe it or not, it was hard to find a picture that was not goofy or silly in some way. Eventually, I came up with this idea from a picture I saw on some clip art page.
Here they are with their faces and bodies outlined with black thread. I used a tight zig-zag stitch to make the outlines and contours on the clothes and hair.

Then I made some leaves and put them on the top and bottom of the pumpkin. They are three dimensional and have fabric on both sides of them.


The last step was to add an orange binding, which frames it up nicely. Overall, I am pretty happy with it. Since it was a make-it-up-as-you-go kind of project, there are some little mistakes, but no one else would realize it.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

It looks great Sheryl-lyn. I love how it came out. It is hard to find Thanksgiving coloring pages that aren't silly. I love this one that you found.

Great job!!

Ruth

sandy davis said...

As usual you out did yourself! Love it. BTW, Babyloc e-mail just came from PQ! Show Kenny.