Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow day..a little sewing day

We got up this morning to about 15 inches of snow. It was a nice, quiet world outside and the dogs enjoyed being the first to assault the new mountains of snow.











After Kenny and Rob went out and plowed, I let the chickens out for their daily free time. I also fed the stray cat who eats the mice by the chicken coop. I never usually feed him, but since there is nothing in the garbage to eat and there will be nothing on the ground, I owe it to him to give him a meal.

The chickens were not exactly crazy about the snow touching their butts, so they just stood in the pen for a few minutes wondering what to do next.

In the end, the girls preferred to hang out in their house and eat grains. I stayed indoors most of the day myself, cooking and cleaning. Did a little sewing on a monthly project I get at the quilt shop. Tonight if I can tear myself away from the woodstove, I will sew it all together.

3 comments:

sandy davis said...

I love your "girls". Do they bite? lol

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Those are some smart chickens! hee hee We've had a record amount of snow so far this winter. I can happily say that our next 10 days do NOT show any snow for us..that's a first since the beginning of December.

Just wanted to pop by and say HI and see what you are up to.

Happy Day to you,
Stephanie ♥

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

bawk bawk. i stayed inside as well! your stuff is looking grand!