Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wooden tea box of my own!! And a hen...

My favorite rooster died peacefully in his sleep a few weeks back. This hen has taken his place within the flock, if you know what I mean! I have seen that chickens do need the order that a rooster provides, and if the rooster goes, then one of the hens usually takes over his duties. Very true and kinda funny.
My dad made me this gorgeous tea box for no reason!! When mom and dad sent Evelyn's birthday present, there was the best present for me!! I am a tea drinker (even though the kids drink coffee, they both actually drink more tea than anything too), so I was thrilled to get this tea box. It came with a homemade card about how proud of me my parents are, "just because!" That was so cool.


Some nice, organic teas fill the box. There is a pomegranite tea in here, which I love.

Close-up of the top. Isn't it just awesome? It is now on my dining room table next to the box Dad made for Kenny for Christmas. I just keep opening it every time I walk by.


6 comments:

Autumn said...

The box is just stunning!!!
How very sweet of your dad!

electricdunce said...

What a lovely creation, it is just so elegant! I guess we know where some of your amazing talent comes from...

Karin

Ruth said...

It is absolutely gorgeous. What a special treat.

Ruth

Nancy Jo said...

That is a really pretty Box, how lucky you are to have that. What a nice gift from your Dad. And that is one good looking Rooster. I bet the hens are all fighting over him.
NANCY JO

sandy davis said...

Love the tea box - your dad is super talented!!

Bonne said...

You have awesome parents!