Sunday, December 21, 2008

A few quilts I made this summer...





The top quilt was for a very special baby who is our dear friends' first grandchild. I found a fabric book of children's prayers, cut it apart and made it into a quilt. I used all flannel fabrics in it, which made it especially cozy.
The bottom quilt is a very easy and fun design I saw one day and started the same night. The fabrics are pretty much all vintage designs and the red check reminded me of my favorite Nana in the world. The only thing left to do is bind it and it will be ready for the bed. I will probably reserve its use for spring and summertime.

7 comments:

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

that bottom quilt is just lovely as can be, so perfect!

Bonne said...

I love the bottom quilt as well~all your quilts are so "homey" for lack of a better descriptive word~lol They look "old", if you know what I mean. ;) hugs, B

Unknown said...

I am a big fan of "old" too. At the quilt shop, she buys all of the repro fabrics with me in mind! How cool is that??!! I got some really old looking fabric for an apron I plan to make over vacation. Cannot wait.

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Sheryl, both quilts are so pretty but that baby quilt is really special..what a keepsake that will be. :0)

Glad to see back in blogland, have missed you!

Hugs, Steph

Autumn said...

Oh I have missed you!!!
Your latest projects are fantastic! I love the look and feel of OLD as well!

lavendar fields dreamer said...

just love that bottom quilt could i get the pattern name

Ruth said...

I just love your quilts. Such beautiful work. I have always wanted to try a quilt but am intimidated by them.
I love your Christmas pictures.
Ruth from MJF