Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hope your Christmas was wonderful

Kenny got us this Nativity set when we first got together. It is our favorite holiday decoration of all. Some of our friends do not put baby Jesus in the manger until December 25, but Kenny wants Jesus there as soon as we set it up. We tried to get some camels this year, but no one had any.

I made a commitment for my vacation!! I will quilt two of the tops I made so that we can actually use them. Hmm...a novel idea. The one I made Kenny with the leaves all over it is actually on the machine and has some of the leaves quilted already. I figure if I leave it on the machine, I can quilt a few every time I walk by and then it will be done!! I made a quilt top for my son that is ready for quilting too, so if I do them both in the next 10 days that will be a record.

My quilting machine is a Husqvarna Mega Quilter. I do not have the frame and all, so I sit and quilt at the dining room table. After a while, it does hurt my neck and shoulder (from leaning over and pushing the quilt through) so one day, we will have to get a table that my machine can fit into so that I can quilt lower than I am now.

Also, I am committed to making a new apron at least once a month all year. There is a great website with tons of free patterns. It's a tipnut address. You type in "free quilt patterns" into your search engine and it will be there!! Great for drooling and dreaming and wishing there were more hours in the day.

1 comment:

Bee Haven Bev said...

Dear friend....so glad to see you back online. Yes, my Christmas was wonderful...always the best when family and friends are gathered. Now, time to get back to work....quilting and embroidering!!!! Yippeeeeee. Love ya. So good to hear from you!