Sunday, January 13, 2008

My churn dash quilt is cut and ready to piece

This square (above) will be the center of each churn dash block. The colors below will be the pieces around it. I will use different ones on each block to make it a little more colorful. The white fabric will be in each block too, though.


I am so excited to be making this quilt since it is a traditional design and I have always loved how it looks.

Well, we are either getting lots of snow or only a little tonight. Anywhere from 1 to 8 inches is expected depending on how the wind blows over the ocean. In a way, I do not want to miss school since we have the state tests on Tuesday and Wednesday and I hate to lose a day to get ready. These tests are a big deal around here and give me a ton of stress every year. My kids are trying harder than ever, but many of them have trouble with reading comprehension, so I am not sure what will happen on test day.

We got to see Uncle George on Friday night. They took him out of the coma they put him in and while he was plugged into so many machines, he was breathing on his own for the most part. He looked so sad and feeble the other night. It's hard to see that when you are used to someone who is very independent and lively otherwise. We're going to see him tomorrow after work, so hopefully he will be better.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

This is gonna be a beauty!!!
I can't wait to see it!!

Unknown said...

I am so excited too!! I have to get the winter one done, and quilt the one we have for Clare, and then I will do the churn dash!!

Quilting the one for Clare will bring me so much joy because I will be thinking of her and praying for her the entire time. It will be good for me, and I know she will love it.