Saturday, January 5, 2008

Some projects to work on. New fabric (I broke my own promise not to buy anything new! :)

This is a tea towel that I wanted to have ready for Halloween, but I guess not! :) I work on it at night once in a while, so maybe by next Halloween, huh?
My husband, his cousin and I went to Connecticut to the gun show and we also went to a quilt shop in Ridgefield. What a great shop it was! So much cool fabric and the people were so helpful and friendly. We had lunch at a great tavern and then drove around before heading to Greenwich to the gun show. The show was awesome and pretty big. Many antique guns (for hunting, etc) and clothes for shooting and hunting with style!! :) I got these fabrics to work on my churn dash quilt. They are the Kaffe Fassett prints and I have never used them before, so thought, why not?
So, about that promise not to buy new fabrics until I use up most of my stash...How can I go to a new shop and not bring home souvenirs? That would just be wrong! A country girl has to support the economy too, doesn't she? Hey, now I will always remember our little trip whenever I work on and then snuggle under the new quilt. Yeah, I know...justifying again!

7 comments:

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Hi Sheryl-Lyn. I found your blog from Pat's Back Porch Musing. I HAD to stop by because my actual-full name is Sheryl Lynn too. Too funny.

Blessings,

Sher

Unknown said...

That is funny that we would both have the same name...right down to the Sheryl with an S! Thanks for stoping by!

Bonne said...

hahahahahaha!! That's what resolutions are for!! Breaking!!

Love the embroidered tea towel~where'd you get the transfer, if I may be so nosy!LOL

Unknown said...

Hi Bonne:

I think that was an Aunt Martha transfer. They are supposed to be good for more than one time, so if you want it, I will send it your way.

Aunt Jo said...

Love the transfer!

Absolutely, we must help support the local economy, even if it means more fabric.

Rhondi said...

Hi Sheryl Lyn I see you bought some kaffe Fassett fabric. The colors are so wonderful aren't they? Hard to resist for a quilter. By the way Ithink your home is charming and so welcoming too. Rhondi

Unknown said...

I am totally in love with the Kaffe Fassett fabrics now. I have already cut them out and will start putting them together sometime soon. Can't wait to show you all.